PGα21Ca is the kind of flocculants that has both organic and inorganic characteristics of flocculants. It is made of organic cross-linked polyglutamic acid and inorganic substances like calcium compounds. Compared to other flocculants, it has multi-functional effects, so it is can be used for purificationof various types of contaminated and waste water.
What is flocculants?
Flocculants is a kind of medicine used to flocculants minute particles that cause filthiness dispersed in water and, to facilitate settling or floating of flocculated particles. The aggregate of minute particles is called floc. Clear water can be obtained by separating water from solid flocs.
In filthy water, large number of minute particles floats dispersedly.
The small particles always remain dispersed because they are charged negatively and they repulse each other.
When is adds to water, flocs are formed for its two functions.
Functions of inorganic ingredients
Inorganic ingredients of PG neutralize the functions of neutralize the function of negative charging and inactivate repulsing power among particles and finally condense the particles.
Function of Polyglutamic Acid (Anion polymer)
Polyglutamic acid with its function of carboxyl group (active group) works like glue that forms bridges among small particles.
Advantages of using
• Fast formation of flocs and their fast precipitation.
• Can be used for a wide range of pH (4-12) of water and it hardly cause any changes to pH.
• Can effectively remove heavy metals in water.
• Can reduce cost of sludge treatment since proportion of water in flocs is quite low.
• Can be used together with other flocculants, such as PAC.
To be used in treatment and processing system of tap water, sewage, industrial wastewater, polluted rivers, lakes,
Effective pH: 4 – 12.
Calcium sulfate, Calcium carbonate, Polyglutamic acid, Sodium carbonate, Aluminum Sulfate,…
Instructions for using
– The amount of PGα21Ca added depends on the kind of the target wastewater.
– In case of pond water, start to treat water by using PGα21Ca at 50 ppm (0.05g/L).
If no alteration, increase the amount of the flocculant gradually.
If too much flocculant is added, increase the amount of the wastewater.
• A few minutes later, floc (flocculated contaminants) forms, and after a short period of time, it starts to settle out to the bottom.
• Utilize the clear upper portion of the water, and dispose the precipitates.
Caution: As this product is completely harmless to living organisms, it has no effective of disinfection. Avoid drinking the water directly after this treatment.
Storage the encapsulated product in a dark cold place where is free from moisture.
Packing: 20kg bags.